I love craft, i love everything about it. I love how there is no “right” way, i love how you have freedom to experiment and if it fails it is your failure to improve on, i love how there are so many different ideas out there to create the same thing but most of all i just love the outlet of your own creative freedom that you have a tangible item at the end to represent your work.
Now. Lets get in to my most recent venture of candle making!
Items you will need:
- ebay! For wicks, wax and fragrance
- A microwave
- Microwave safe glass dish (pyrex is my go to)
- A spoon
- Old candle containers or thick glass jars
- Hot glue gun
- Metal washers (if you dont buy pre anchored wicks from your good friend ebay)
- Great music, i prefer metal but my partner doesn’t think metal matches calm candle making :p
How i clamped the candle wicks, i used hair clips but I have told you another method in instructions
- rule of thumb for measuring wax is fill your candle container twice with wax flakes. That should be the amount it will melt down to for the right fit for your container
- Tie your washers on to the wicks
- Hot glue your washers down in the centre of your container
- Grab a pen and wrap the excess with around it to keep it taught, clasp with a hair pin
- Microwave wax for 30 seconds, mix, repeat this step until wax is transparent and there are no lumps
- Put 1 cap of fragrance in your melted wax and mix like a nutter so its evenly spread! Add more if you want, add less if you like too!
- Pour wax mix in to container and leave to set for 4 hours
- Do not under any circumstances put candle in the fridge- it will pool and separate (i was tempted, it’s that impatient saggitariun in me!)
Light and enjoy ♡